Who is admitted as a member of ACMA Association as a naturotherapist? #
Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is the term for medical products and practices that are not part of standard medical care. A CAM practitioner can become a member of ACMA association as a naturotherapist, if he or she has at least 400 hours of education in their field, plus another 150 hours or more of education in natural nutrition or its equivalent.
Here is a list of CAM pratitioner that may be accepted:
- Massage therapist
- Ayurvedic medicine practitioner
- Chinese medicine practitioner
- Neurofeedback or Biofeedback therapist
- Ergotherapist or Occupational therapist
- Neuromodulation therapist
The naturotherapist education program is designed to enable other health-care professionals to obtain additional qualification as a naturotherapist. Accordingly, the duration and syllabus the naturotherapist program will depend on prior education and experience, and will vary from student to student. However, the duration should be no fewer than 550 hours, including no fewer than 150 hours of natural nutrition training or its equivalent.
The 150 hours of natural nutrition has to be composed of the following:
- Pathology (30 hours)
- Anatomy (30 hours)
- Diet and basic nutrition (30 hours)
- Diet and intermediate nutrition (30 hours)
- Diet and advanced nutrition (30 hours)